Fotografia Wilkins e Will Gill all'ingresso della Galleria Ca ' Rezzonico a Venezia nel Giugno 2013 durante la presentazione di Newfoundland and Labrador alla Biennale di Venezia . Foto: . Roberto Echer
Un invito a presentare proposte è stato ora rilasciato per il 2015 ecco il testo dal sito http://www.tnaf.ca/2015/
Bando di partecipazione della Terra Nova Art Foundation - Bando Newfoundland and Labrador in Venice
The Terra Nova Art Foundation is beginning preparations for participation in the 56th International Art Exhibition, the Venice Biennale, in 2015. This is an important project that helps to build Newfoundland and Labrador’s profile and reputation as an international centre for the visual arts. For the artist/s selected Venice provides a significant opportunity for the development and presentation of new work.
The Foundation is now seeking proposals from established individual artists and/or artist collectives to deliver an ambitious and innovative project that will run during the Biennale in 2015, at the Galleria Ca’Rezzonico. Applicants do not need to be based in the province, but have to demonstrate a strong connection to the Newfoundland and Labrador arts community and the infrastructure that supports it.
In preparing for Venice 2015, TNAF is keen to build on the experiences of previous projects while exploring fresh perspectives and new approaches. The selected artist(s) will be responsible for:
· working collaboratively with the appointed TNAF project team and curator to realise the physical exhibition
· collaborating closely with the project team and curator at TNAF to produce or source all exhibition content, written material for exhibition panels, and any other exhibition texts
· working within the agreed exhibition budget
The Foundation expects the selected project to deliver:
· A significant opportunity for the selected artist/s to produce ambitious and original work, taking into account the particular challenges and opportunities of Venice and the wider context of the Biennale
· High impact and visibility within an extremely busy and ever expanding Biennale and a good level of attendances that build on Venice presentations
· Strong critical and professional responses from within Newfoundland, the rest of Canada and internationally
· High public and media profile, particularly within Canada but also internationally
· Audience development opportunities within Newfoundland that take a number of forms during the period of the Biennale and beyond, including educational lectures, professional development workshops, and the possibility of the exhibition touring to additional venues after the presentation in Venice
There is a projected budget of approximately $160,000 for this project overall. The budget will cover all of the project costs including fees to the artist/s and curatorial partners (where applicable), venue and production costs, Biennale registration, and external press/ PR support. All proposals need to demonstrate they are achievable within these resources.
As the project is dependent upon sufficient funds being raised, the artist(s) should be aware that the project will be cancelled if this does not occur. Artists should also note that they will be asked to submit works for fundraising initiatives, which may take place through a St. John’s commercial gallery.
All proposals will be reviewed by the Selections Committee, and may result in combinations of artists that are not proposed originally.
We appreciate that proposals may be speculative in their nature, or are at an early stage. The same will be true of any new artist partnerships/collaborations. We would therefore be grateful if you could let us know how developed your project idea is when you make your submission.
Each application should comprise the following:
· An outline of the proposal no longer than 1000 words
· A timeline for the project
· CV of the applicant
· Up to 10 images (jpegs preferred)
· Any relevant press documentation
· Video files should be in MP4 format, max. 2 minutes and sent via WeTransfer
Applications should be submitted electronically by email, and all documents should be in PDF format. The email submission, including all attached documents, should be a maximum of 5MB.
Proposals should be submitted to email@example.com by 5pm on July 7th 2014 (Newfoundland Standard Time)
The decision of the selection committee will be announced on August 28th 2014
To download call for proposal as a pdf, right click here and select "Save As"